Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Lake Wenachee

Having spent a lot of my growing up years in western Washington, I had heard a lot about Leavenworth and Lake Wenachee. I had always wanted to go, but never did. With Brad and I both having Labor Day weekend off, I was set on changing that fact! We borrowed a hiker pack for Mia and off we went bright and early Monday morning. Mia cried a lot on the way there for some reason...I think she was tired but was having a hard time falling asleep. Thank heavens she did sleep for about an hour- she needed it! Then the way home wasn't all that bad at all. We had so much fun while there! The town of Leavenworth is a Bavarian theme- it looks like you're in old Germany. The food and entertainment is all catered towards the theme and every single building from the bank to McDonalds to the grocery store is painted and decked out. We went straight up to the lake first, hiked around, then went back to Leavenworth for lunch, salt water taffy buying, and looking around at all the shops and art festival.

The only picture I managed to get while we were in Leavenworth. The mountains go straight vertical all around the town.





 Brad, of course, managed to find a dead salmon, which you can see in the picture of the three of us, is what Mia is fixated on

I can't tell you how clear and inviting the water looked. It was incredibly gorgeous. This picture doesn't do justice whatsoever.








We were attempting to show Mia her shadow at one point. So I was doing all these monster noises and pretending my shadow would get hers. Don't worry, I also did hearts and I love you's :)


Playing in the dirt

Can you just feel how badly she wanted this pine cone? She loves them! Even when we are at the park or parking lot somewhere she somehow manages to find one. So we were trying to get her to walk forward, but it was slow going. Then Brad holds out the pine cone and we were finally able to make some progress:)

Getting sleepy- it was a full day for this Princess!

Oh man she is getting SO big!


The river the trail was along. These pictures better represent the colors. I didn't touch up any pictures on this post. Who has time for that?!


This made me laugh. Brad was standing there pointing at something in the distance to show me and Mia mimics him without him realizing it. Very cute :)

All in all it was a fabulous day. We both agreed we NEED to go back. It was so serene and yes there were a lot of people there but even on a holiday we were almost completely alone on the trail and the lake was nearly empty. I heard it freezes over in the winter, I bet it is gorgeous! 

1 comment: