I think that if she had a way to communicate, she would tell me she wanted me to take her picture. This girl cracks.me.up. So on Friday night I was out in the garage digging through boxes looking for something when I came across these little black shoes. I had forgotten all about them and maybe they will still fit? I brought them inside, set them on the chair, and went to bed, forgetting all about them.
The next morning Mia woke up very early. I quietly got out of bed to go get her so that Brad could get some extra sleep on his only weekend off. After I set her down to go run around I was in the kitchen making her breakfast when suddenly I hear her in the living room. And man alive, she is excited. She has sounds for many things and she was giving me the BEST DAY EVER and I'M SO HAPPY squeals and screeches. I turn around and there she already is, grinning ear to ear, happy and screeching, arms outstretched with one of these little black shoes in each hand. She is anxiously waiting for me to interpret (remember, it's early) what she wants- she wants those shoes on right now. Haha, oh sweet girl. She had no intention of waiting until it was time to get dressed for the day to wear them.
So I unzip her jammies and she holds so still and is so good while I put them on. Then she prances around the house playing and petting them haha. She kept standing in front of me, like the picture on the left, and pointing to her feet. As though I could have forgotten with all the happiness going on :) She was adorable. Amelia has always had a fascination with shoes...when she was a little baby she would chew on them and I thought well yeah babies do that. Then she learned to crawl and would always go for the shoes and I thought well they're right at her level, why not?
Now that she's older, I have to warn people when they come visit because we have had more than one occasion where we have had to search all of her 'secret places' for someone's missing shoe. She picks them up, runs away, and does...? what with them, then hides them and looks for another. What can I say? I'm rubbing off on her and I am thrilled to sit and envision shoe shopping trips in the future because Mommy loves shoes too!!!

I love this! Cute shoes and even cuter Mia!
ReplyDelete