I can't believe it's August already! July brought many changes, big decisions, and growth to our family and I think this month will be similar in that way.
In July we met with the LDS Services adoption worker who serves this area of Washington. He was absolutely fantastic. On top of things, extensive experience with adoption, thoughtful, brought the Spirit to our meeting, asked meaningful questions, and actually listened to our answers. We couldn't ask for more. As we got caught up to the current world of adoption, we realized that finding Mia's sibling is going to be harder and more expensive than ever. So we've decided to wait a short while to begin the process...and in the meantime...
I am going to go back to work. I am in the process of accepting two positions at two locations, both of which would be on an as needed/PRN basis. No call, no weekends, no holidays. What a blessing that is for us! Mia will be in day care at an exclusive employees only facility that is right next door! So I will be able to see her on both 15 minute breaks and at lunch. I have toured the facility and it is amazing. She is such a social girl I just know she will love it and excel there. We are going down to sign up for the waiting list today. Hopefully we can get in soon! Although this is going to be a huge -ginormous- transition and change for our little family we both feel it is the best choice. Doors have just literally flung open for me to get work, something that is not always easy in my field. For example, in Des Moines, I tried for 3 years to get full time work in the city where we lived. This time I tried for about 3 days. I will not be working forever and I feel blessed to be able to work in a field I absolutely love while bringing income into our home that will help us build our family.
I've been a little emotional about the little things lately... I got a teary reading Mia her favorite books this morning. She hands me a book then turns around and backs her bum up until she touches me then plops down into my lap. Every time. haha sometimes she starts from far away so it takes her awhile, backing up, to get to my lap haha. Or after that when my big girl helper hands me the wet clothes out of the washer so I can put them into the dryer. It's a job she enjoys and one time threw a fit when she realized Brad had (not knowing our routine) put the clothes into the dryer without her help. I'll miss these little things like her excitement (??) when I make the bed or how when I fold laundry she runs around screeching and giggling trying to grab and fling what I've just folded, all the while yelling Uh-Ohhhhhhhh!!!!! Or sharing a treat together like a popsicle or baking something. I think I will just have to plan our weekends together more exactly once that precious time becomes shorter.
I love you, Amelia. My sweetheart. So here we go on this next chapter of our lives as we prepare to add to our family through adoption once more!
No comments:
Post a Comment