Sunday, August 3, 2014

Celebrating our 2nd Amelia-Day

We had such a beautiful day to celebrate Amelia-Day this year! It was one year ago that little Mia was sealed to us in the Medford Oregon Temple.

You can read more about that day HERE

This year, we are getting settled into our new home in Washington and the Columbia River Temple in Kennewick is the closest to us. We have been brainstorming for awhile about what we might enjoy doing on her special day. We knew we wanted to incorporate the temple as it is an incredibly important place for us. 

So we got up early on Saturday, brought one of the Young Women in our ward with us, and headed the 1.5 hours to the temple. It was sooooo muggy, hot and humid. Yuck! So we didn't take many pictures but we still had a great time. The dress Mia is wearing is a present from Meri that *just so happened* to come in the mail the day before! She recently took a trip and sent it to her with the sweetest note that had me in a puddle of tears. It was a such a genuine expression of love. I keep everything special to show to Mia as she gets older. But the dress! It was like it was made just for her I couldn't believe how perfectly it fit! So Brad and I matched our clothes (I'm wearing a red necklace but you can't really see it...) and off we went. 

The session was awesome and as we were walking out an audible gasp escaped my lips as we saw Mia and the babysitter. She was completely passed out in her arms! She NEVER does that! They must have had so much fun playing around the temple grounds that it completely wore her out! Sweet little Princess oh I love that girl! Next we headed over to Costa Vida (Cafe Rio all the way!!!! But hey I'll take what I can get...) and we each got meals that always seem more like treats to me :)

I put a few pictures side by side from last year and this year. She's getting so big!

This picture of us in the upper right is a sweet memory for me. We were holding her right in the middle and then suddenly she wraps her little arm around my next, pulls me in close, and puts her face next to mine. Such a sweet angel. It was really bright out and hard to look at the camera so the ones with her of her real smile I took under the tree where it was shady and I knew I could get a real one out of her. I love love love these pictures of Mia & her Daddy!

Happy 2nd annual Amelia-Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment