Brad had an interview in Yakima on the 11th of December so Mia and I decided to go up a few days early and hang out. We really missed being apart but still had a great time. We spent the first half of the trip with my friend, Sarah, and her family near Seattle. We met in high school and have been really close ever since. They made the trip down for Amelia's sealing day so I figured it was my turn. They were gracious and made lots of room for us. It was absolutely freezing while we were there and honestly we didn't (couldn't!) go out much with it being 20 degrees. Sarah and I went to see Ender's Game one night, we made get-well cards for our favorite little Mae, I went to The Root Beer Store, and we made lots of yummy food and hung out. Her daughter is about a month younger than Mia and it was so adorable watching them play together. I can say Mia really learned to sit well on her own while at Sarah's house. She gained a ton of abdominal strength, Brad was really surprised when he next saw her. After a few days we left Sarah's and went to our friends the Picketts who just so happened to live only 15 minutes away. I was able to get out and take some fun pictures one day just as the sun was setting and so I added a few below. No editing- and it doesn't quite capture it but goodness it was gorgeous. I bundled Mia to the max and only kept her out for 12 minutes but man it was so cold poor girl had a rosy nose. We were happy to jump back in the warm car! Anyway staying with the Picketts was awesome. They are always so welcoming and sweet. I felt like I got so much restful sleep while we were there! They helped me get my Christmas shopping done and took Amelia's gorgeous Christmas pictures that I gave to grandparents. It was a great trip and I love Washington but we were thrilled to pick Daddy up at the airport on the 10th. I have NEVER seen Amelia act like that it was the.cutest.ever. As soon as she saw Brad she started to full on giggle and smile and try to get his attention. As he leaned in to kiss her she grabbed his face and...oh, words fail me. It was pure joy like I have never seen before. This girl loves her Daddy so much. It is a sweet memory I hope I always remember.
After we picked him up we headed over the mountains to the 'other' side of Washington to Yakima. We got checked into our hotel which was really nice. The back door had a little patio that looked out at the river, which was partially frozen. Brad's interview went well the next day and after it was over at 4:15 we headed home. It was supposed to take about 7 hours but ended up being over 9 with the weather and snow and ice on the roads. Over and over I am so thankful for a car we can rely on to carry us through rough conditions safely. I am also thankful for hypervigilant parents who never let us us leave without making sure we have extra blankets, water, MREs, and first aid kits. Luckily we were able to make it home safely where we all slept well into the morning.
They played so well together....

And sometimes they'd fall over at the same time :)
Puget Sound, Washington State
I really regret not taking more pictures- especially with the Picketts. Oh, well, we'll just have to go back soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment