Monday, December 9, 2013

7 Months

Amelia,

This past month has been a time of much growing not only for you, but for Mommy and Daddy as well. You are changing a lot and we are simply trying to keep up with you! In the past week you suddenly have been able to overcome your roadblock of being able to roll over from your back to your tummy. Now you are rolling all over the place and can easily get something if you want it badly enough. You arch your back and push off the ground with both legs and move up, reaching reaching for what you see. I'll put you down on the rug and when I come back less than one minute later you are flipped and have rotated into a totally different position from the one I left you in. Daddy and I both feel it is likely you will be crawling by the New Year. We are excited for you to discover the wonders of being mobile but we are also a bit scared :) Suddenly everything seems dangerous to us. We want you to be safe and happy so we are working towards making your environment conducive to that goal. You are also steadily sitting on your own. When I was trying to teach you to sit, I would set you down and say, Mia, grab your feet! And you would hang on for dear life it was so adorable. Now you don't need to hang onto your feet at all and can easily play with your hands and twist your body without tipping over. I love seeing you get stronger!

I tried giving you a little teddy gram last night. Hahaha poor girl you weren't sure but I keep encouraging you. Then suddenly I knew something wasn't right so I came over to you right in time for you to throw it all up. We are still working on some finger foods but haven't found anything your palate likes. You still immensely enjoy your milk and your rice cereal with a little fruit and veggies mixed in. In fact, you're an excellent eater and I have a feeling we are in a serious growth spurt right now.

Amelia, your social skills amaze all who meet you. You are not shy at all and are thoroughly convinced that everyone who walks by or is nearby is there to see you and only you. The truth is, once they see you looking so cute and blue eyed they can't help but talk to you and tell me how gorgeous you are. Then you smile, they laugh, and you look up at me as if to say, see Mom? It's like I told you- they were here for me!

Life has become a little more of a challenge since you have become quite skilled at grabbing anything you can reach- especially when I am holding you. Whatever I have, you want. Period. It has made me have to be much more cautious about what I am carrying when holding you- something hot, sharp, breakable, etc. You do not have any teeth yet but are still putting every single thing directly into your mouth. Today there was a large wrapped gift nearby. You had a little trouble maneuvering it at first but I was amazed watching you figure out how to push and swat and turn that box until you could get it partially onto your lap in order to get the corner into your mouth. You are so cute- you've started to drink water out of my cup. If I'm holding you and drinking some water you'll start to make this ahhhuuhhooooo! sound and start to rock which I've taken to mean, let me try! So I let you drink the water and oh man you love it! Much of it spills and most of the time the edge of the glass is under your tongue instead of over but we make it work :) You'll sit and take sips as long as I will keep bringing the cup to your lips. It's such a new and exciting experience for you and let me tell you this Mamma thinks it's so fun to watch!

Darling, Mommy loves you so very much. It has been a joy and a challenge for me to have you all to myself the last ten days as we have taken a trip together to Washington- your 14th state! We have met lots of new people and you have changed a tremendous amount. When we saw Daddy on FaceTime you squealed and laughed so loud as you tried to get to him/the phone. It was adorable and melted our hearts. You love your Daddy that's for sure and he is anxious to be reunited with his best girls. We are so so so very excited for your first Christmas and have talked about it almost each day! You are still little but it will be a fun day for you filled with wrapping paper to demolish and new books to read and the Christmas lights to stare at as you listen to us sing carols. Oh how we love you and cherish each day with you.

Happy Birthday sweetheart,

Love
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment