Friday, May 25, 2012

Good People

When I talk about adoption, on this blog and elsewhere, it's always in reference to 'our journey'. It's about meeting new people, having experiences that seem surreal... I guess it comes with the territory when you are doing something considered outside the norm like adopting. I got the most amazing email a couple weeks ago. I will post it here, with her permission:


Hi guys,
     My name is R* and I live in Arizona.  I was checking out the profile of someone I know on itsaboutlove.org and I came across your profile.  I know this is kind of random, but I was really drawn to you guys and think you two are adorable!  I don't know anyone looking for an adopting family, nor do I need one, but for some reason, I was touched by you guys.  I went to your adoption blog and saw that you have cards that you hand out?  This is probably really weird, but could you send me some?  I would love to hand them out here in Arizona.  It's kind of far from where you're at, but who knows, right?  My husband and I have been blessed with two really great kids, biologically.  But, adoption has always been close to my heart for some reason.  I just want to help!  Here is my address if you want to send me some cards:

******

Sorry if this email was super weird and random!  Ha!  I just had to write you.  I know that Heavenly Father has a sweet spirit for you guys somewhere.  You have to find each other!
Good luck in your journey.

-R-

I emailed her right back and said OF COURSE!!! How sweet of her and how brave to email someone she didn't even know. It reinforced within me that things will work out. Most of all I pray that we can find our birthfamily and with such angels out there how can we not? Thank you, thank you.
ps -R- your cards were mailed today :)

1 comment: