Thursday, April 19, 2012

Prayers

(Winter Quarters Temple Omaha, Nebraska)

Yesterday I went to this beautiful place. I went there to get on my knees and pray.
It felt so good.
We are so lucky to have prayer! I am filled with gratitude for this gift.
I hope whomever reads this can feel a small piece of what I felt and when I went through there in these walls. Whenever I go to the temple I usually have something specific I am pondering. We had a speaker recently tell us to always have questions in your heart so that you can be ready to hear and be able to recognize the answer, whenever that may be, whatever form the answer may take. Many times I pray for our little family- Brad and I- and the situations we go through. Or our extended family. 
But this time was different and it made all the 'difference'.
I prayed for our birthfamily, specifically this time for our birthmother. 
This is deeply personal to me but when she reads this someday I want her to know how loved she is. How thought about she is. How much we love her already. We can't wait to expand our family- and not just through a child! That's the beauty of adoption. If you choose, you can 'adopt' a whole other family. BirthMother, I prayed that you will be safe.
I asked for your spiritual and temporal needs.
That you will feel loved every minute.
That we will be able to find each other. 
I prayed with all of my soul and with all that makes me, me. And what else can I give but myself?

1 comment: