Thursday, September 22, 2011
We had our home study on Tuesday and it went really well! Christy is our wonderful case worker and she spent a lot of time with us going around the home. I thought it was especially interesting how she looked at each picture/piece of art in our home and asked about many of them. She seemed like she wanted to get to know us better, which I very much appreciated. Every picture we have up has special significance to us and is unique. They are connected to stories and memories we have made during our time together and are a reflection of us so we were happy to to talk about them to her. She looked through all of our closets and in our kitchen cabinets (good thing I organized the tupperware!) as well as going outside to walk the perimeter and looking in the shed. She was very through and was even brave enough to hunch over to get into the attic! She kept remarking how clean our home is and I felt a lot of pride... the good kind... I think :) We worked for a long time to get things ready (with help, thanks guys!) and now that it's over I'm kind of like... ok... what now?! lol I didn't exactly know what to do with myself when Brad was in his interview. I was thinking ok I'll go straighten something up or this or that but there was absolutely nothing to do!! Thank heavens for the mindless surfing of the internet. So we got the home study portion done and Brad's interview done but after four hours, we ran out of time so I will go to her office for my personal interview next week. I believe that is when our profile goes live on itsaboutlove.org. I can't wait!!! It will be so cool to have us out there and be totally available for birthmom's to view our profile. Then I think it's a lot of waiting. She said that the statistics right now are very low - around 1% - meaning that about that many birthmom's who contact LDS services continue on and place for adoption. She said that single parenthood is popular right now and that many people are making that choice. Although I know the numbers are low I just have to remember that the only person who is in charge is the Lord and He is looking out for us, and for our birthmom. I have to put my trust in Him and it will all work out how it's supposed to. I've never had to rely on faith as much as I need to now. I feel a big lesson in my life coming and although I feel a little nervous, I know the reward will be worth it all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment