Mia,
In about three weeks you're going to officially be 2 1/2. I think that's why my heart has been heavy lately...if I don't write the letter, maybe she'll stay little a bit longer! Sigh. Life doesn't actually work that way, though, does it. You are getting so big! Yesterday I bought you your first pack of big girl panties (Frozen). You are very consistently saying Please and Thank You. You put your dishes in the sink when you're done (even though you can't reach and you kind of put them on the edge then push them over with your fingertips. Or you just stand back and throw :)) and two nights ago you helped me clear the table for the first time by putting things away in the fridge. You obviously started to see things differently when you open the fridge to put the jam away and you just stood there. "Whoa" was the look on your face. I look back and ask if you need help and you quietly say...."where does it go, Mom??" hahaha. Yeah the fridge is a bit full right now. I tell you top shelf and you did it! I love my helpful girl as you enjoy unloading the dishwasher (especially the silverware), taking the clothes out of the washer into the dryer, cleaning up your books... just to name a few.
One thing you've been saying lately that cracks us up is, "I'll be back". You hold up your hand in a 'stop' position and as you slowly back away from us, looking extremely serious, you say, "I'll be back, Mom. I'll be back". Translation? I'm going to do something I'm not supposed to. So can you stay here while I go do that? Yeah, that'd be great. Haha! I know this because I was naive the first few times and was like, oh that's cute. She's shutting me into her bedroom (she still can't open doors thank heavens) and she's going to get something and come right back. Uhhhh no. So now I've wizened up just a touch and am quite suspicious of the whole "I'll be back" thing, cute as it is!
It broke my heart last week when Dad had to switch to night shift for his OB rotation. You are in Daddy's girl phase 100%, no doubt about it. Everything is about Daddy. Friday night you were so exhausted as I was rocking you before bed you suddenly ask about your Daddy, but before I could even answer, you were asleep. Then the next morning I went to get you and where is Daddy were the first words out of your mouth. He misses you, too, Mia! So so so very much. There may be times throughout your life that he will have to be away helping people but you should always remember how much he loves you. If he could have it any way, he would choose to be with us all the time. That's why temples and being sealed together is so important. We want to be a celestial family and be able to be together always. That is our family goal and I know we can do it, together.
Mia, we love you. We love your creativity and intelligence like when you put your thumb and first fingers together while facetiming Papa a couple days ago. He asked, what is that? A triangle!, you answer. We love your energy even when we feel like we cannot keep up. We love your assertiveness like when you insisted on dipping your dinner into your apple cider- and we cringed yet shrug as you ate every last bite. Or when you want to dress yourself which pretty much guarantees your shoes will be on the wrong feet. Every time, no exceptions. You love boots and sweaters and dresses, or shirts that look like dresses. You let me put clips in your hair but then get so stinking excited there's a clip in there, you can't possibly just.leave.it.alone. and play with it until it has to come out. You hate getting your teeth brushed and try to get out of it every morning and every night. I've tried 4 toothpastes and 6 toothbrushes to date. We're still working on it. You are learning to be polite and ask if you can be excused from the table when you're done eating. You're also working on asking for seconds nicely. I love love all the communication that goes on at this stage. The non communication of two years ago was tougher in a lot of ways. Hearing all your opinions and thoughts is absolutely wonderful!
Sweet girl, Mommy loves you and all your stages. I feel like with each one, even with the hardships, I always feel like we are in the best stage yet. It's a good feeling.
oxoxoxoxox,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment