Hi Sweet Girl
Lately you have been my buddy. You follow me around and watch every single thing I do. Often, you will try to mimic me and it's adorable as you slide around in my shoes or insist on eating your dinner the way I eat mine. It sure makes me self conscious but maybe that's not such a bad thing. I'm just much more deliberate about what I say or do when I've got your little eyes watching me all the time!
You are the bravest little girl I've ever met. I would put "timid" or "fearful" at the bottom of your list of attributes, that is for certain. You have no fear when it comes to physical things such as jumping off something tall. Or moving a large object. Or moving the object (like a box of diapers) in order to jump off of it. You're brave in other ways- if I ask you to say a big word, like yesterday it was pomegranate, you simply say it. Well, you try your best. And it doesn't sound a thing like pomegranate but I praise you for your efforts and you beam and are excited to try again. Word after word I'll give you and you never give up you just keep trying. I didn't realize this was unique until I spoke with some friends of mine with kids your age. I think you feel really safe and know that you won't be criticized for imperfections but the bigger part for sure is that you are just courageous. I am learning so very much from you, my little Mia.
For the past couple of weeks or so, you have been my helper more than ever before. One time recently I had opened the dryer to unload the clothes but then got distracted. I walked into the kitchen to find you getting up on your tippy toes to get an article of clothing out of the dryer, walk across the kitchen, get up on the dining chair, and put the clothes in a neat little pile on the table. Over and over you did this, one by one haha, until all the clothes were out and you had this neat little stack. It was adorable. You also like to help me unload the dishwasher by getting something out, handing it to me, and getting another something, handing it to me, etc etc one fork at a time. I would be dishonest if I didn't say that the first time (or two) I was a little impatient to simply get the job done so we could do something else. But over time I have come around and now even if it's on the top rack and you can't reach it I will reposition it so you can get it, so you can then hand it to me. It's all worth it to see your face light up and be happy to help Mommy.
These past three weeks have been physically difficult ones for us. You got your first ear infection, and your first double eye infection, and your first time being on antibiotics. Then the bacteria was Amoxicillin resistant so your symptoms came back and we needed to get you on a stronger one. You were very brave going to the doctor but you do NOT like going there. You start to cry usually around the time we walk in the door or are checking in at the counter. I'm not sure what has caused this (shots?) but it is a difficult thing for you. So I make sure to bring lots of treats for you and afterwards we go get stickers which you play with to no end. I ended up missing four days of work and it was a wonderful reminder of what I am working hard to achieve-- which is to be home with you.
You are adjusting beautifully to going to the new daycare. It's amazing how well you are doing. Your teachers told me on Friday that you are learning the names of the other kids. You love to sing songs and often will tell me which song you want us to sing. Wheels on the Bus, Old McDonald had a Farm, and Frozen's "Let it Go" are your current favorites. I can't tell you how my heart just melted the first time you really truly sang along with me as I sang Wheels on the Bus with you. It was awesome! You have a beautiful singing voice and I'm sure it's a talent that will only increase as you get older.
I love you, sweet girl. Soon, Daddy will be home more and we will go do fun things and get to spend a lot more time together. I think we are all looking forward to that. We love you more than words could ever express!
oxoxoxox,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment