Wednesday, December 10, 2014

To Mia: P.S.

P.S.:
I must have been tired last night when I wrote your letter, sweet girl. I forgot a few things I had wanted to make sure to remember. 
You have been walking backwards and think it's hilarious. You laugh so hard, you fall over and keep on laughing. I need to capture it on video! 
You have also started spinning, or 'twirling' around. You just started doing this a few days ago. I think you like the brief dizzy feeling. You have always been a bit of a thrill seeker, not seeming afraid when most other kids might be. Sigh. Daddy and I are hoping you can keep your thrill-seeking side and still be safe!
Lately you say, "Mine". You use the word pointedly. You know exactly what it means and what you are saying. Luckily not everything is "yours" yet, but I'm guessing that's coming. It's been fascinating to watch you figure out this world we live in. 
You love to make animal sounds. You can do pig, cat, dog, mouse, rooster, chicken, bear, bee, and bird. We are still working on a bunch of other ones but rooster is your new one and it is sooooo cute.
Christmas is quickly approaching, little one. Daddy and I are excited to wrap a TON of boxes (most of them empty haha...we think you'll enjoy the unwrapping the most) and watch you have fun all day. We were a little sad when we realized it just wasn't possible to put up all our special ornaments this year. You are curious and they are within reach. It's not a good combo for sure. So we'll wait and try again next year, meanwhile the "unbreakable" ornaments they sell at the store have been holding out strong....so far!
Lately you are my "big helper". A few days ago, for the first time, you helped me unload the dishwasher by putting everything you could get and putting it in the drawer. It was adorable beyond words and I loved seeing your eagerness. The next day you helped me unload the dryer by carrying the clothes back to the bedroom to be folded. You've helped me put the wet clothes into the dryer lots of times but this was the first time you brought them back without being asked and were so excited to help Mommy.
Have I mentioned how much we love you? How our world revolves around you? How happy we are that it does? It's true. We feel blessed beyond words to have you in our lives and not a moment goes by that we forget it!
oxoxoxox
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment