Saturday, November 22, 2014

What. A. Week!

My goodness it's been a week. 

This little sweetheart had just gotten over a nasty head cold when she got the flu. Oh, and we just so happened to lose heat that day- it was 14 degrees outside at 7am when I got ahold of someone. Oh, and Brad was at the hospital delivering babies all day (I think he did 5!). Thank heavens for our tiny bathroom portable heater. We were in her room playing, trying to stay warm, she was periodically throwing up, and she just looked up at me and said, "Mama". Then crawled into my lap like this. Oh, sweet angel girl. I lost circulation in my leg quickly and had to move the one leg but she slept like this for about 25 minutes. Then she woke up, confused, and I put her in bed and she slept another 1.5 hours. She felt a ton better when she woke up!


I will never get tired of taking pictures of this sleeping beauty!

 She was not feeling well and wanted lots of Daddy snuggles. We were happy to oblige! 
So these two pictures were taken on the same day, one in the morning and one in the evening lol. We get a little messy by the end of the day!


 Everyone was happier once she started feeling better! Then we both got her head cold. Brad got her flu...one of the worst I've ever ever ever seen. Blessedly, I didn't get it this time around.

 Brad is on OB shift tonight for the first time. So after Mia woke up from her (lovely) 2 hour nap, we decided to go check out the Festival of Trees at the senior center in town. I had read that it was free, had reindeer, and they had about 30 decorated trees. Sweet! Mia's attention span right now is such that a long drawn out thing is just not in everyone's best interest. Short and sweet is just right for us currently :) 
I was super excited for her to see the reindeer. Hahaha I think this picture of her sweet face captures HER thoughts pretty well. She was just fine seeing them- as long as I was holding her. You could pet them and there were barrels of hay on the sides for the kids to stand on. She did not appreciate being left on the hay so I could stand back and snap a picture. We tried right when we got there and again after seeing the trees. Oh well, next year maybe I'll be able to get some smiles!



It was very difficult not to touch the trees....even for me! They had many beautiful things on them it was wonderful and really put me in the holiday mood. Mia looked darling in her little coat, and we were told so about 100 times by all the cute little senior citizens who live there :) 
Over all, it was a great little side trip. It was close to home, we stayed about 45 minutes, and it was a warm enough day to actually be outside for a bit watching the reindeer. Brad was jealous when we got home that he had to sleep but we are planning some more holiday festivities for his next day off.

And probably the biggest thing that happened all week?

We had our home study on Friday!

I think it went well... we have some more questionaries to fill out, our letter to the birthmom to write, and we are...done! Our hoping-to-adopt profile should be live in a couple of weeks, assuming we can get those things done quickly. It's a wonderful and scary and thrilling time for our little family!

1 comment:

  1. Sickness is so rough, especially for the little ones! Sorry you guys had a rough go, but I'm glad you're all better and got to get out together! Miss you! And YAY for your profile being active soon!

    ReplyDelete