Hey Everyone!
It’s been a while since I have made a post on here (yes,
this is Brad typing). The funny thing is that I have written multiple
letters/thoughts to post in yester-months, and yet I never managed to finish
them or post them. I thought about simply copy/pasting some of them (and
perhaps I still will later on) but for now decided to write a few of my
thoughts today.
Christmas time is soon approaching and somehow Thanksgiving
is miles behind us already. Erica and I had a great holiday break together with
food, friends and games. Sadly, we didn’t get to enjoy the 2-day break from
rotations to see family, but we shall soon remedy this in just a few weeks! We
are so excited that we are literally counting down the days to leave Dodge (Des
Moines) for the short week and see our loved ones back in Oregon. We have
managed to stay so busy that the reality of how long it’s been since we have
been home hit me kind of hard. Whoa! My little sister’s wedding was the last
shotgun trip home and she now has a kiddo! Where have we been the last year
plus? Wow. In any case, it will be a short and sweet trip back home. We can’t
wait!
I’m so grateful Erica is as consistent as she is with our
beautiful little blog, thanks babe! My current state of affairs has made
writing anything, including in my journal, a bit short for time. But it’s with
a tinge of guilt that I admit I would love to be a more frequent writer, so
there is my early… resolution (forget New Year’s resolutions, I think it
smarter to say today’s resolution!).
I am loving my 3rd year of medical school,
rotating with the great doctors we have here in the Des Moines Mercy system. I
just finished Neurology and now am packing my head full of Internal Medicine (hospitalist
style). It’s so nice being a couple minutes from home and now having my beloved
back to work PRN (as needed) at the same hospital. My experience thus far has
made my outlook on future residency programs a positive prospect, as so far I can’t
say I’ve disliked any rotation. I guess that leaves more doors open for the
near future when I will be undergoing audition rotations with my perspective
residency programs. It’s all very exciting; I’ll just keep my mind on the
immediate experiences before I get too carried away with the next year (I mean
come on, it’s still 2012 after all!).
Well, this is a small step for my goal to be a more frequent
blogger and a jump start for getting some more journaling in before surgery
rotations start up. Too many great things are on the horizon and I just thank
the Lord each day for the many blessings I have in my life that I see so
frequently. The more I look for them, the more often I recognize them.
Merry December and happy new week to all! (and of course a late
Happy Thanksgiving).
Sincerely,
-Brad
I love it! I look forward to hearing more from you on here :)
ReplyDelete