Thursday, October 11, 2012

Life

Ug. So not typical for us. Usually we are posting on our blog all the time but lately it's been hard to keep up with everything that's been going on! Sorry about that but know that it's not how we usually are!

It has been such an exciting couple of months. First off, I am always talking to pretty much everyone and telling them all about how we are adopting. I have several ways of doing this and feel very comfortable with my new and improved methods. The easiest so far as has been to ask people if they have kids. Oh, do people love to talk about their kids (and I know we will, too!). Then, as is natural in our society (and you can imagine my suspense as I wait for it... wait for it...!) they realize they are going on and on about how perfect their children are (as I'm sure we will!) they in turn ask me if we have kids. SCORE! I get so excited because this is what I've been waiting for. No, I say, not yet. But we are adopting and it could happen any minute. How's that for an interesting catch line? Any minute? What does that mean? And it opens the door to talk about how we will hopefully be chosen someday by a loving birthfamily. This happened just a few weeks ago at the deli counter and whatdoyaknow? He knew someone who might appreciate a pass-along card. Someone who was in a situation where they could very easily love a baby but not as easily give it everything in life it deserves. I was thrilled and of course had them handy. You just never know.

It was starting to get easier to be discouraged and then I was chatting with a friend from our ward. I was telling her my heart and how amazing this journey has been for us, but also how challenging. Afterwards she told me that her sister in law is a case worker in Utah and would be willing to take a look at our settings and profile all that stuff and see if she had any friendly advise. Awesome!!! Grateful doesn't even skim the surface. We ended up doing a total re-do on much of our profile. Have you seen it? Come check it out and let me know what you think! It just gave us another boost, and most of all it was a reminder that Heavenly Father is mindful of us and our situation. How loving He is.

We also had an opportunity to attend a Families Supporting Adoption (FSA) meeting down in Independence, Missouri. We were excited to go because one, we had been invited and how cool is that?! two, there would be an amazing birth-panel there and we LOVED the last one we went to in Denver and three, we could go to the brand new Kansas City Temple. It's true- the birth panel was incredibly insightful and our testimonies grew 100 fold. The new temple is ginormous. I'm so used to seeing the small ones lately that the largeness of it was that much more awe-inspiring. It was a gorgeous day and as Brad studied in the car and we waited for our session, I was able to walk around and take some pictures. It was so sweet being there together and we already can't wait to go back!

I had been sitting taking a picture of myself on timer (haha ok yeah I know you can laugh...) and apparently hit the wrong setting and it was on 'continuous'. So I'm cracking myself up as it's taking 100 pictures of me walking back to the camera!

Can you see the olives? They were the theme throughout the temple

All dressed up and ready for our session! You can really tell how large the building is

It was a truly gorgeous day!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the profile. And the post - the temple does look big! We are going this month I think.

    ReplyDelete