Dearest Amelia,
This week has been a lot of firsts for you. In the past ten days you have done more than many people do in a lifetime. You have flown across the country from coast to coast. You have now been to 12 states and experienced the cool nights of the Oregon coast and the humid days of Tennessee. You are such a joy to my heart, it is incredibly difficult to describe. Someday, when you are a Mother, you will read these letters and be able to feel the depth of love I have now, for you.
You finally laughed again. You had given us your first laugh about 3 weeks ago and then perhaps you forgot how. Now I get a giggle most days and I work hard to get them! There's no shame when it comes to what I will do to make you laugh haha. I dance and sing and make lots of funny faces. You'll stare at me as if you are saying, what in the world...? and then I'll smile and, as I'm just about to walk away, you'll give me the belly laugh I so desperately wanted to hear. It's adorable and makes Dad and I melt every time.
You have been drinking a lot of milk lately and so soon we will start you on some rice cereal. We also bought banana baby food so we'll see what you think! Daddy has tomorrow off so we will both be there to watch you experience food for the first time!
Oh boy Amelia have you gotten strong! You've also learned to arch your back and especially excel at it when I'm trying to feed you. I'm glad your stomach and back muscles are getting stronger! Hopefully you will be sitting up on your own in the upcoming weeks. You don't really like to sit on our laps, you vastly prefer to stand with your arms out and us holding your hands. You don't mind sitting if you're on the chair all by your self- I think you feel like a big girl and like it :)
One of the things I just think is the cutest ever is when you lay on your back and put the soles of your feet together and rub them together. I love it!! So so so cute. Your fine movement in your fingers has gotten stronger and more exact- especially your pinching motion. The marks on my arms and neck are evidence of this new skill. Ouch.
Two days ago you went to a special place to meet an amazing person- your birthmother, Meri. This is the first time we have seen her since we left your birth state. She looked lovely and it made me happy to see you two together. Of course you were adorable and an angel the whole time (I had been worried you would spit up all over....but you didn't! Hooray!). Meri and I both expressed our love for your blue eyes and how strong you are. You are loved by so many people, Amelia. Meri had a hard time leaving you even knowing we needed to leave. She expressed how much she loves you and was very sweet. Mommy has missed her friend and I loved seeing Meri and getting to give her a big, long overdue hug. We are hoping to have more visits in the future and we will be so pleased if you can grow up knowing this amazingly significant extraordinary woman.
Right now we are in Pennsylvania with Grandma & Grandpa Luck. While Daddy and Grandpa go to work so Daddy can learn Cardiology, Grandma Luck, you, and I hang out. We have been packing for them to move to their new house. You have been sleeping in the bassinet that Megan and Carter slept in when they were little. It fits you perfectly and I took your 4 month pictures in it which turned out beautiful (of course!) with your perfect smile and many expressions. I have been rocking you as I feed you in the Nursing Rocker than was Grandma Luck's grandmothers' rocker- from sometime around the 1800's. It is comforting to us both to sit there and rock back and forth. I have dreams of you someday rocking your children in it. You are loving all the attention and excitement of being here. We take walks in the garden and you are thrilled being outside. We are happy and grateful to be here!
Mia, you are such a smart, darling little girl. Daddy and I are still baffled how we could ever be this blessed. We never imagined life could be this great-- and it's all because of you!
Love
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment