I can't believe we are at this stage- so fun!! I get to learn about my next step: being a Mom! I picked up a few books over the week and I'm really happy with what I found! I have seen two of my friend's kids who have learned sign language and have been amazed. You wouldn't think that a little baby, less than one year old, could sign. But they can. I have seen it work and so when I saw the sign book I was super excited! I hope to be able to communicate things like: drink/bottle, more, up, all gone, and I don't know. They also have signs for older babies like animals that would be fun when telling stories.
A second book I bought is What to Expect in the First Year. Everybody has heard of the book, What to Expect when you're Expecting and this is the continuation of it I have already started to read this one and am getting a lot out of it. I was also pleasantly surprised when I saw they had a chapter on adoption. I think it will be good for us especially since we won't have Mom next door to run to every time something happens. Thank goodness for cell phones and Skype!!
The third book is called Baby Wise and focuses on the 5-15 month range and is written by a pediatrician.
These books won't even come close to what I will learn from my Mom and sisters and their experiences but they have helped me to feel a little confidence and a lot of excitement :)
No comments:
Post a Comment